Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fountain Bluff Park, Liberty Missouri

Fishing Pond Missouri












Today I tried fishing at Fountain Bluff Park in Liberty, Mo.  Fountain Bluff Park is mostly sports fields, but the area has 8 ponds ranging from one to three acres.  The ponds are managed by the Missouri Department of Conservation in cooperation with the city of Liberty Mo.  The park is located on the south side of Liberty off old 210 highway about one mile east of 291 hwy. 


It was 74 degrees and sunny.  Winds were from the south gusting to 35 mph.  I started out at the back of the area on a small pond. I spent about half an hour working the banks with no takers.  After trying there I moved up by the entrance to the park behind the main building. I spent another hour fishing that pond with jigs, then switched a night crawler under a bobber.  No fish today maybe next time.  While I was out there people were catching fish I probably should have asked what they were fishing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the post you just read.