Thursday, April 7, 2016

Addicted To Fishing

Fishing can be addictive when you find a spot than continues to produce quality fish day after day.  This is the fourth day this week I have been fishing at the pond I discovered last weekend.  This morning started out pretty cold and by the afternoon it warmed up into the upper fifties, with strong gusty winds between thirty and forty mph.  The colder weather seemed to slow the fishing down a bit today for the crappie and bass, although the bass would hit when you found them.  Only two crappie were caught today between my brother in law and I.  For some reason I missed more fish than I caught, not paying attention and using a new fishing rod were my excuses for the missed fish.  I also hiked further into the woods and found the other pond I was told held huge bluegill.  This pond is about a half mile hike into the woods from the first pond I was fishing at.  The pond had crystal clear water and you could see almost to the bottom six feet out.  I spent a little time fishing at the pond with no luck and decided to finish my day back where I began.  Below are some pictures of  bass we caught today. My brother in-law caught the biggest of the day, it could probably eat the ones I caught.


Bass Fishing, Pond, Missouri
Brother In-laws Bass 20"

Bass Fishing, Pond, Missouri

Bass Fishing, Missouri, Pond

Here are some pics of the pond I hiked to further in the woods.



It looks like it will be a day or two before I can get back out, hopefully I don't start going through withdraws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the post you just read.